December 17, 2013

Weekend Recap (With No Photos to Prove it) + A Dinner Idea

Here we are, one week until Christmas Eve! Like some of you, I spent a majority of this past weekend juggling shopping bags, fighting for parking spaces, and wrapping presents for under the tree. I camped out in the 'burbs at my parents house this weekend, as Paul was up in NY for work, and my Mom and I went gangbusters on our Christmas lists.

Aside from a couple of stocking stuffers and items to arrive in the mail, I'm close to the finish line. It's a Christmas miracle :)

Sunday night I needed a quick and healthy (too many Christmas cookies this weekend) dinner idea that I could put together once I picked up Paul from the train station. Enter, Chicken Pita Pockets. These are  so easy to make, and you can basically add any other ingredients you want to these. 

These are not mine, I think these are Giada's. But you get the idea
Rotisserie Chicken Pita Pockets

Ingredients:
Rotisserie Chicken (you could also do you grilled chicken, shredded beef, shrimp, etc.)
Pita Pockets (mine came pre-sliced. Score!)
Cherry tomatoes
Spinach or arugula
Tatziki spread
Olive Oil
Salt & Peper

Directions:
In a small bowl toss spinach with a bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Slice the tomatoes into halves or quarters and sprinkle with salt and pepper. 
Take a pita pocket and spread Tatziki on one or both sides inside the pocket then begin stuffing! Add pieces of the Rotisserie chicken, marinated spinach, and tomatoes until your pocket is stuffed.

These pair nicely with couscous, hummus and veggies, or whatever else you have on hand. I kept it easy and had pita chips, veggies, and more Tatziki on the side. This meal is one of my favorites in the summer because you don't have to turn on the oven or the stove :)

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Using rotisserie chicken is one of my favorite ways to save time. Agree with you on the too many Christmas cookies.... this sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great recipe!! It's so hard to think of quick dinner ideas - but this one would be perfect!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete